1/5/16
Ocala entries were sent in yesterday. Made it with 2 days to spare. Phew!
I even managed to get hotels, and houses booked for all the shows through Vermont, so I am feeling pretty accomplished.
The cold air has moved into Georgia and the horses certainly were showing their appreciation for their day off yesterday. Seems everyone was just a tad fresh!
Dr. McLendon and his assistant Carrie came out today to do all the horses 6 month vaccines. Completely uneventful I must say. I think we finally have the entire stable on a matching routine vet care plan….no more wondering who is due for what and when. I so love organization.
Food for thought
I was asked the other day why I don't use beet pulp. My answer was, because IMO, beet pulp is a filler with little nutritional value. I would much rather buy excellent hay….feed more of it and supplement with a feed of above quality nature. Not saying that beet pulp doesn't offer a good alternative to horses that need it for health reasons or dietary restrictions…but in the average show horse…I feel their belly's can be filled with something more nutritionally sound.
Here is an interesting tid bit I found on facebook the other day about the whole subject.
http://buildingabrandonline.com/Healthynaturalhorse/is-beet-pulp-good-for-horses/
Good Night All!
Food for thought
I was asked the other day why I don't use beet pulp. My answer was, because IMO, beet pulp is a filler with little nutritional value. I would much rather buy excellent hay….feed more of it and supplement with a feed of above quality nature. Not saying that beet pulp doesn't offer a good alternative to horses that need it for health reasons or dietary restrictions…but in the average show horse…I feel their belly's can be filled with something more nutritionally sound.
Here is an interesting tid bit I found on facebook the other day about the whole subject.
http://buildingabrandonline.com/Healthynaturalhorse/is-beet-pulp-good-for-horses/
Good Night All!

No comments:
Post a Comment